Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

ALL Christians believe that God is a Trinity God. Why?

• Matt
    Favorite Answer

It's what the Word of God teaches!

(1 Timothy 3:16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(Hebrews 1:1-8) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

(Colossians 1:15-17) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

(John 20:28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

(John 1:1-3) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

---(1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

(Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

(Matthew 14:33) Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

---(Matthew 28:17) When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

-----(John 9:38) Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

-------(Hebrews 1:6) But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

(John 8:58) Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

(Titus 2:13) Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

(Colossians 2:9) For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

(1 John 5:20) And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

(John 10:30-33) I and the Father are one.” The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

(Revelation 1:8) “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(John 8:24) I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

(John 5:18) This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

(2 Peter 1:1) Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

(Revelation 1:17-18) When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

(Romans 9:5) To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

(John 14:9-11) Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

• TeeM

Then I guess, John, Peter and Paul were not Christians because they didn't believe in the trinity.

(Revelation 1:1) 1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, . . . 5 and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.”   To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood— 6 and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father— 

(1 Peter 1:3) 3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

(Ephesians 1:3) 3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ, . . . 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him.

Jesus didn't believe in the doctrine of the trinty

(John 3:16) 16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

(John 5:19) 19 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing.. . .

(John 7:28, 29) 28 Then as he was teaching in the temple, Jesus called out: “You know me and you know where I am from. And I have not come of my own initiative, but the One who sent me is real, and you do not know him. 29 I know him, because I am a representative from him, and that One sent me.”

(John 14:28) . . .you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.

(John 17:3) 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

The correct question should be, 

Why do true Christians reject the false teaching of the trinity and worship the only true God, Jehovah.  The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

.

• Iskdkdkdkkdkdkdkrl

• Actually lots don't believe that. JWs are the most well known group of non trinitarian Christians. 

• Paul

Two reasons. First, because the one Church Jesus founded, to which He promised "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hear Me", has consistently taught the truth of the Trinity for 2,000 years. And second, because the Bible repeatedly refers to all three Persons of the Trinity, for example:

Matthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

Matthew 3:16-17New International Version (NIV) 

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

John 14:26 - But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

1 John 5:7-8 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

1 Peter 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT)

• Eug.
      1 month agoReport

@Jan C. Because Jesus was created, as is explicitly stated at Colossians 1:16. He viewed his Father as his God, as is explicitly stated at John 20:17. He was totally in submission to his Father, explicitly stated at John 5:30.  

True Christians who follow Christ Jesus do not believe in the Trinity Doctrine. He did not see himself or his Father as part of a triune god-head which would have been to fashion his belief after a pagan belief system,

The Trinity Doctrine is not a Bible teaching but is the remnant of an effort by the early Roman Catholic Church to incorporate pagan beliefs into its doctrine with the intention of attracting people from those political segments of the Roman Empire who had pantheons of gods and believed in a trinitarian god-head.The concept of a triune god-head originated in ancient Babel which was later known as the Babylonian Empire famous for its hanging gardens and its king Nebuchadrnezzar. 

If you care for an accurate answer to your statement please follow up with your own research using reputable resources.

• Brian

Trinitarians believe that God is a Trinity of some sort.

Christian's believe Jehovah is God and Jesus is the way to Him.

• David1 month agoReport

Sorry that should have said a reply to an answer, YES YOU REALLY HAVE SUMMED IT UP SO WELL. you have my 1000 points for the year. 

Because God is a Trinity.   That's what Jesus taught us when he instructed us to baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

For those calling themselves "Christian" and denying the Trinity, Christianity is their *philosophy* --- not their religion.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Lyuba1 month agoReport

No, real Christians don't believe in Trinity because Jesus never taught this! He taught that:" I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28) When he died, who ressurected Him, if He is God? Whom did He pray? Himself? No! He has never been the God! He is God's Son!

• I rejected them all. 

Not all do...........