Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 month ago

Grandparents, grand-aunts and grand-uncles?

Is it possible for someone to be born after all four of their grandparents have died?

Also for someones grand-aunts and grand-uncles to be dead before he/she was born?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I had one grandparent die many years before I was born, so yes I'd say that it's very possible.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Perhaps you were absent the day your class was taught the basic facts of childbirth. The only person who has to be alive when a child is born is their mother.

And even so, in a couple of remarkable recent cases that wouldn't have been possible 50 years ago, babies have been delivered out of a dead mother.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Obviously yes.

It's possible to be born after your entire family has died - some babies are removed from their deceased mother's body.

When I was born three of my grandparents had already died and I had only my parents and one uncle and one aunt living.

• Phil
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Definately . 

It is also possible to be born after your father has died.

And in very rare cases  even after your mother has died.

St Raymond is the patron saint of childbirth, midwives, children, pregnant women was born by C-section after his mother died.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, of course. Your grandparents do not need to be alive in order for you to be born. Your father could have died before you are born. His part was over 9 months before you were born. It would be incredibly difficult to be born after your mother had died though.

• F
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Mothers dying in child birth used to be fairly common up to Victorian times , so depending on the timing, you could be born after your mother died.

• 1 month ago

Yes, of course.  It is also totally possible that Aunts and Uncles have died before someone is born.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes of course ...  grandparents and their great aunts and uncles could all have died before the person was born

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure. the only one who needs to be alive for you to be born is your mother (or whoever's womb you were in)

• 1 month ago

Yes. I had a neighbor whose parents were Holocaust survivors. They were each the sole survivors of their families. So she grew up without grandparents, great-aunts or great-uncles, aunts, uncles or cousins.  

• Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course.  They aren’t giving birth to you.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.