Jerry asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is 5'7 135 ok for a high school CB?

Favorite Answer

Should be okay. I was 5'8" and 135 lbs when I played high school basketball and soccer., though not for the school team, only on the playground. I was not tiny by any means although there were classmates who were taller and heavier. Cornerbacks rely more on speed and agility than muscle or height.

It says nothing of your on-field ability, or even ability to keep a certain GPA to be eligible.

ps: Whoever said there's going to be high school football in the 2020-21 academic year?

• liberal
      1 month agoReport

Getting almost straight A's while only a student isn't the same as when also practicing and/or playing most days. Good luck though, maybe you will prove me wrong.

Because of your weight I wouldn't be so sure.

It is if you're one of the two best on your team and your coach puts you there.

No.  That is far too small.  You will suffer a severe injury probably on your first play.  The other team will take turns leveling you with devastating blocks and you will probably leave the game on a stretcher.

• Pronk

That’s up to your coaches..

I’d advise you not to play,after seeing on a 

tv show called Adam Ruins Everything that 

93% of people that play organized tackle football

,at any level,get some degree of BRAIN DAMAGE.

• Cu Tie

Yes, based on your height and weight, I believe that you will make a very good fit at cornerback. You have the ideal size for a high school senior cornerback.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch cornerback in high school football this upcoming season, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football this upcoming season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.