Can you catch the coronavirus after already having it once?

I wasn't sure whether or not people become immune to it one they've had it.

Favorite Answer

They are not sure, they think a few people have re caught it, but it’s unclear , maybe they never fully cleared it. It hasn’t been around long enough for a lot of info. However, there are 4 new mutations, so it’s possible you could catch a mutation

Yes. Whether you catch it or whether you have a vaccine if it ever comes out, all that happens is your body will develop antibodies to help fight it and destroy it. It doesn't stop you from getting another infection. However once you have the antibodies your immune system can fight it more quickly, if your immune system is not declined. 

Stress, where there is a perception of some external danger, as for instance fear of losing a job, will decline immunity. You can arrest this problem by realizing that the real danger is the infection, i.e., within the body and not external. The reason is because you cannot address the external problem/ danger without your health. Once you realize the danger is in the body, your immune system will again rise to full potential and fight the infection. 

That question is very important, and we do not know the answer yet. If the answer is "yes", then vaccination will probably not work. 

The scientists don't know as yet or at least they haven't told us.  It is probably too soon to determine how this virus reacts.  Keep your immune system strong.  Stay as healthy as you can.

Yup, it's possible.  You may or may not have any symptoms, but nobody ever said you can only have it once.

Some viruses can only be caught once, like chickenpox, because the body creates its own immunity after identifying the virus.  Once your natural immune system recognizes that virus, it creates antibodies to keep it from attacking you again.

But not all viruses work like that.  The rhinovirus (common cold) and influenza make their rounds regularly, usually twice a year, and they're too aggressive for natural immunity to stop re-infection.

The coronavirus is way too young for scientists to know anything useful about how it works.  It might be here to stay.

• Andy C

It looks like it, yes.

i think thats possible

I had it back in February and my Dr. assured me I wouldn’t get it again because I fully recovered.  He told me he thinks the cases of people getting it twice are actually cases of people having relapses because they never fully recovered.  I’m NAD, so it’s all keep my fingers crossed, take vitamin D, C, and Zinc.