Laminate old pictures to protect them or no? ?

I’ve recieved some pictures handed down to me from grandparents that are like 50+ years old. Plus some pictures of my parents and me as a baby. 

I want to laminate them to protect them better, so I don’t mess them up, but I don’t know if I should.. Like it doesn’t have the same look or feel to it if its laminated, plus I don’t wanna mess em up if I can’t replace them... 

So I don’t know, is it better to keep the original as it is, photos with texture when pictures now are glossy, or laminate and protect it better? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You will destroy the prints if you laminate them, no doubt about it.

You can copy the prints at a drug store that has the printing machines.

Or, just do what millions of other people do....put your photos in frames and out of direct sunlight. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I would not laminate the photos, take any old one and laminate it--do you like how it looks? Probably not. They dont look good. There are places that specialize in preserving old photos, which may be a good option for some special ones. Otherwise, I agree scan and re print them.

• 2 months ago

Scan them into your computer to make sure that you always have good copies.  Then put the rest in a photo album or frame them to keep the originals in good condition.

If you are wanting to look through them on a regular basis, there are rolodex albums.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Photo+Rolodex

• 2 months ago

Before you laminate the photos, SCAN the photos and keep in your drive.

In the event you need to make copy retrieve from the scanned copy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would certainly laminate the photos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.