Laminate old pictures to protect them or no? ?

I’ve recieved some pictures handed down to me from grandparents that are like 50+ years old. Plus some pictures of my parents and me as a baby. 

I want to laminate them to protect them better, so I don’t mess them up, but I don’t know if I should.. Like it doesn’t have the same look or feel to it if its laminated, plus I don’t wanna mess em up if I can’t replace them... 

So I don’t know, is it better to keep the original as it is, photos with texture when pictures now are glossy, or laminate and protect it better? 

You will destroy the prints if you laminate them, no doubt about it.

You can copy the prints at a drug store that has the printing machines.

Or, just do what millions of other people do....put your photos in frames and out of direct sunlight. 

I would not laminate the photos, take any old one and laminate it--do you like how it looks? Probably not. They dont look good. There are places that specialize in preserving old photos, which may be a good option for some special ones. Otherwise, I agree scan and re print them.

Scan them into your computer to make sure that you always have good copies.  Then put the rest in a photo album or frame them to keep the originals in good condition.

If you are wanting to look through them on a regular basis, there are rolodex albums.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Photo+Rolodex

Before you laminate the photos, SCAN the photos and keep in your drive.

In the event you need to make copy retrieve from the scanned copy.

I would certainly laminate the photos.