Chanice asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Elderly dogs eye problems. Help?

Restless cant settle, noticed it a month ago but didnt think anything of it but it's worse now. She was clawing at it I stopped her n rubber it she has the tendency of scratching her ear n hurting herself. But it's her 3rd eye lid rising from the lower eye bit making her eye look half closed I've noticed the whitish bit on her other eye I'm assuming it's the 3rd eyelid she wont lay n sleep for longer than 5 min very restless cant get a vet till tomorrow morning and not guaranteed to get seen due to the pandemic circumstances as the main vet surgery is closed would have to travel further n trains are hellish to get the now. Need some advise right now as I'm worried being 14 years old, head is on overdrive been on google searching but not really getting anywhere.

Also when it happened before it lasted 1 day and went away again but now the other eye looks like it may be happening to that to. Looked slightly disorientated when she put her head up

"how to help a dog with a wounded eye"  google search

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+help+a+dog+...

It's quite possible that your poor dog is suffering from glaucoma which is very painful and would cause her to paw at her eye or rub it on the ground.   Even if vets are working on a restricted basis these days, phone them and arrange for them to give you an appointment so at the very least, they can collect her from your car, examine and treat and return her to your car.

ps   I'm not a qualified vet so my glaucoma suggestion is only a 'guess.

• Chanice1 month agoReport

Had her in the vet today, noticed puss at her eye this morning, conjunctivitis it is got a pain killer, eye drops n something else for a potential mini stroke cause of her other eye. 
      Was excruciating watching her go in without me, only issue is getting her to take the medication eye drops are fine

If you won't get her to a vet, then at least clean her eyes.  12 oz. sterile bottle from a pharmacy.  Add 2 oz of distilled water + 1/4 teaspoon of boric acid.  Shake vigorously until dissolved.  Then add 9 oz more of distilled water.  Shake more.  Use a cotton ball dampened with the solution to clean the eyes twice a day.

• Chanice1 month agoReport

maybe you should take her to the vet

• Chanice1 month agoReport

I will be hopefully in the morning, was looking for advice or any idea what it could be in the meantime