Would you pay to have this fixed ?

My Camaro was hit while parked the other day. I got a $500 quote to fix the front bumper. It’s a really good price. But I’m not sure if I should fix it now, if the damage will get worse over time, etc. I’ve been very upset since this happened. Part of me feels like leaving it. But the car was perfect before this happened. It looks to deep to use a paint corrector pen, maybe.

There's a reason they are called "bumpers". Bumpers get scratched all the time. Spending $500 to fix a scratch is sort of dumb.

If it were me I would find a detailer, and or a place that specializes in this kind of thing . Where I  live there are  a few guys who detail , do that dent removal , and paint touch up too . Not sure if they do that where your at But it's worth looking into . It's in a place that is not in direct line of sight , and is that area of the bumper a place that people actually look or focus on . So even if you did the touch up pen . (Check out some videos on YouTube on this There are lots of them )Normally I never recommend a YouTube video But in this case I think it's a d

Fairly easy fix , and it's in a place that's never really even looked at . If it was on the front of the hood ., Fender or anywhere where you can't miss it 

In this case it's easily missed cause where it's at . But I think at the least you'd save 300 bucks maybe a lil more . The car is still perfect , and pristine . TO SAY ITS NOT would be gettig into the obsessive category It's a car I understand wanting it clean and perfect as it can be Reality says you can do that, it also says you can do what you want EXCEPT control other bike headed drivers who have no problem wrecking your stuff  .I think if you called a good detailer he or she can do possibly 2 things Fix it ,then save you a grip of money too ,and you'd be giving business to a local small business owner too 

That's an easy touch up job, the car won't be new forever. If you spend $500. for every little war wound like that you better have a good job.

Get it fixed so people will stop asking you what happened to your car.

• Erik

My car is covered with that kind of damage, so I wouldn't give it a second thought.  That's just me though.  You could go to the dealership, give them the VIN, and get the exact right color of touch-up paint (although white is pretty easy to match anyway).