PPP loan and rehiring rescind edd job offers?

I accepted a job position in March and a couple days before my start date I received an email that the job offer was rescinded due to the company implementing a hiring freeze due to covid. Since I already put in my 2 weeks notice, I found myself unexpectedly unemployed. Does the company need to send me a new job offer to rehire me to be forgiven for the PPP loan? I know laid off employees are included, but what about rescinded job offers?

In order for the PPP loan to be forgiven. Will the company need to offer to rehire me? An employee where they rescinded an offer to?

The PPP loan can be used for any employees.

- it doesn't need to be existing employees / laid off employees.

- it can be brand new employees who never worked there before or they didn't even know the person existed before. 

Most companies are going to bring back laid off employees if they are willing to return, but that isn't a requirement. 

• A Hunch
      1 month agoReport

They didn't "hire" you, that would mean you actually started.  IF they got a PPL, they would have to hire SOMEONE = it doesn't need to be anyone who they knew before.