Anonymous

Is a drug conviction in college going to ruin my life? ?

When I was on campus, 

I used to drink and do drugs. Last fall, I was caught with possession MDMA/ecstasy in my dorm room and was charged. How is this going to screw up my future? 

It means that you will be disqualified from some jobs that require a security clearance or where you might be working in a setting where there are drugs (such as a hospital). 

don't plan on becoming a police officer

If it’s a criminal charge it will lower your chances .

A criminal charge will prevent you from traveling to certain countries so if you are trying to get a job that might require travel it will limit you.

If the only thing different for a job your competing with others is a criminal charge who do up think they will pick .

Get a pardon .  

• John

I would recommend you post your question in a section of YA dealing with legal issues.  The fact you were in college at the time of your arrest is only a minor factor in what may happen next.