Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

When to add Canadian bacon to a frozen pizza in the oven?

I have a Canadian bacon pizza that is really stingy with the meat. I have some thick sliced Canadian bacon that I could add to the pizza, but I’m not sure when to put it on the pizza. Since the pizza is frozen and the extra Canadian bacon isn’t, I think it would burn if I put it on the pizza at the beginning. I was thinking maybe put it on the pizza when there are 12 minutes left. What do you think? The pizza goes in at 400 degrees for 17-19 minutes. 

Since it is very lean and already cooked you can put it on the last 5 to 10 minutes that the pizza is in the oven. 

It probably would not burn if you put it on earlier but it would dry out a bit. 

• denise

Maybe half way through the cooking time.

I usually pre-cook any bacon I add to pizza because I find it doesn't get crispy by throwing it on the pizza raw and I don't want chewy bacon (not to mention all the extra grease which isn't such a big concern with Canadian bacon).

If you're going to add it late, I would definitely pre-cook, but that's my own opinion.

• StarShine
      1 month agoReport

I'm aware and noted that the grease isn't such a big concern with Canadian Bacon. In Canada, we call it back bacon or peameal bacon. In my opinion, it's the same as adding ham which I would STILL add at the beginning because I like a crispy texture for my pizza toppings. Again, all opinion.

• kswck2

You might want to pan fry the Canadian bacon in a dry pan for a few minutes before adding it to the pizza-just to give it a slight browning.