Do i need two partitions (C) and (D)?

I just installed Windows 10 on my new laptop. I tried to make two partitions,a primary and a system, C and D, but apparently i've messed up something and now i have only one (C). I've always had two, but i don't feel like re-installing the whole windows again. Is there any actual benefit to having two partitions or is just about convenience when it comes to storing your files?

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

No problem with just one partition. Most people survived with just one for their whole lives. It's just those who know want to be more organized for different reasons. I for one prefer multiple partitions, one for the OS and programs, another for my personal files, a different one for my work files, and one for virtual memory. I do this so that in case the OS fails, I can easily isolate a drive for re-installation or recovery.

• Bill-M

There is no need to have partitions.  If the Hard Drive Fails you loose all the Partitions anyway. Windows 10 is now very easy to install using the Media Creation Tool.

What you do need is a good back up drive.

An external SSD would be a good option.