Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

How can I back out of buying a car without losing deposit?

Few days ago I reserved a car online and left a $400 deposit so no one else could buy it but me. But I am having second thoughts since I checked Carfax and it says front was damaged but not in an accident. So how can I back out and get my deposit back?

Just ask the seller if they will let you out of the deal. If they will not you will have to suck it up and loose the $400. No other way to get out of this deal. 

• Scott

You can't. The deposit was to hold the car for you, and not sell it to someone else. This is the price of changing your mind. You should have checked carfax before you put down a deposit. Frankly, I think basing your decision on a vague carfax report (there's no guarantee it's correct) is short-sighted. Ask to take it to a mechanic and have the front end inspected before you forfeit your $400.

You need to check the terms of your contract I don't know what the terms of your purchase contract r I don't know if it's a no refunds for any reason kind of contract or what. But I'm looking for a car right now tell me what kind of vehicle that you found how much is the vehicle how can I look at it. Maybe somebody like me would be willing to purchase the vehicle and refund your $400 straight to you.arimatthewdavies@gmail.com. send me some pictures of what you got but I'll tell you if I'm interested in the vehicle. 

• Kieth

By reading the agreement thst you agreed to without reading. It's all in there.

• Never
      1 month agoReport

Asker is a REPEAT LYING TROLL.