Facebook raffle question. Can anyone help?

So I’ve decided to raffle items in facebook. But the raffle would only include discounted items. It’s kind of like an auction, but you don’t bid items. The winner from the raffle will be able to purchase the item in a large discounted price. Will this violate any facebook rules regarding raffles?

It might violate the law against most online gambling.  I would worry more about that than Facebook rules.

Not legal Im sure.

• Tavy

It violates U.K. law, there are specific laws regarding raffles, I suggest you do your research, and No fb won't allow it.

You would likely be in violation of local, state and federal law.  

For-profit raffles are considered gambling.  Gambling is a highly regulated business.  

Don't do it until you've thoroughly researched the laws regarding raffles for your location.   And offering your raffle to people who live in other states is a no-no unless you are in compliance with laws regarding interstate gambling.  

In a raffle the winner is supposed to receive the service or item as a prize.

Depending on your state or federal laws; I should think your business or charity needs to be registered / licenced to conduct a raffle. Since you'll almost certainly be violating laws, then Facebook won't be able to host your raffle.

Besides that, I can't imagine people purchasing  a tiny chance at a discount. It just doesn't seem like a good deal.