Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How do I respond when my sister spreads lies about me?

Favorite Answer

Realize that the people who know you well, and the people who know her well, are very much aware of your behaviors. So i'm going to assume your sister has a mean girl streak.  And if the things she says aren't true, those who know you best will realize it's not true. 

And don't react negatively toward your sister. Just act like you don't care and it's just another day. Smile and be pleasant. Why?  It will confuse her... she's trying to push your buttons, and if you act unaffected, it will bore her.

"My sister has issues. So, how have you been?"

• Ann

My brother and the other's wife did that after my father died. I haven't seen my nieces in 5 years and I just saw my brother's for the first time in 5 years as one was buying my father's house. I'm sure I won't see them again any time soon. I am better off not having them in my life so much but it still hurts.

spreads lies about her too