What names are Boring or Overused to you? What names are you just tired of hearing? And why?

Favorite Answer

Any stupid , misspelled, meaningless modern inventions. 

Such as 'Britney, what does it mean ?  Or 'Maceigh' ; mispelled!!! 

Try ' Abigail' , means 'God's hand maiden' . 

There are plenty of names for both genders, from antiquity, that are never used.  e.g.  'Eve' ; or ' Hector'. 

• blank
      1 month agoReport

Britney is a legit name.

• Anna

Rose, Grace, Sophie, Ava, Maisie, Bella, Ruby, Chloe, basically all the names that end up as top ten dog names.

Also Theodore, George, Harry, Alfie, Lucius, Jack, Harrison, Charlie

All those 'Ev' names. They are ev-erywhere right now.

Everett and Evelyn are classic, but I'm sick of hearing them. The made-up (or extremely uncommon) ones like Everly, Ever, Everlin, Everlet etc. drive me crazy. They're my least favourite trend by far.

I'm tired of hearing Violet, Scarlett and Winter...

There aren't many boys' names I can think of, to be honest, that are 'boring' to me. Maybe Justin, Austin and Tristan? There's not light/excitement left in those names for me, but I don't think people should stop using them if they like them.

• Moya

Mia

Zoe  popular  at the moment Gemma FinnJason

There are so many!!

Sophia, Emma and Ellie are probably the worst for me. I don’t understand why people  want to use a name that is so popular that you know 15 of the same name. And boring to me varies from person to person. I hate names like Beatrice, Pearl, Lydia , Bianca and Gretchen . And using Ann, Lynn, Marie, June, Jane as middle names. Ugh. Boy names I hate Henry, Sebastian , George,and Jasper. 

Dolltuna. It's everywhere these days

• Tea for two
      1 month agoReport

Don't ya just hate that

Manom 

Lućien 

Amélie 

Kayley/Kayleigh

Ella 

Evie

Olivia

Amelia/Emilia

Aria

Maisie

Lilah

Ava

Hannah

Jessica 

Elizabeth

Riley

Bailey

Alfie

Archie

Ethan

David

Matthew

Daniel

Jack

James

Harry

Henry

Oliver

Finley

Noah

Jacob

Thomas

Most of these are nice, classic names but I hear them all so much that they just seem bland. 

Young parents (especially young mothers) want to give "new" names to their new babies, names that don't sound like their parents' generation or their grandparents' generation. Those new names then become trendy so that they seem to be everywhere and they lose that sense of being new or unique. Trendy names in the past were Heather, Ashley, Jessica and Jennifer. Now they seem to be Ella (and names that end in -ella), flower names like Lily and Rose, Emma and Sophia, and Madison, with Grace as the generic middle name of this generation. To answer your question, I'm tired of hearing Ashley, Madison, Grace, flower names, Ella/Ellie names, Kaley names (with all their many spellings), all the many Aiden names for boys, Everett (such a stodgy name), Sebastian, and any name where the "-ly" sound at the end has been changed to "leigh" such as Ashleigh and Hadleigh. 

This probably a good question for a teacher, as they are more aware of what names are most popular. And I am fairly sure, they will name Aiden will be listed as one of those popular names, yet it is still a good name, which is why it is so popular. I don't think we use a lot of those kinds of names that I would consider lackluster... like Margaret, Mary-Sue, Caroline...etc...  I rather like the names that people are going with, aside from celebrated-humans "aka celebrities" that give their kids foolish names, under the belief that they are being creative.