Ok so who agrees this is the worst year to get married?

Imagine having a huge wedding planned and having your heart broken that it couldn’t happen. Or imagine having to tell your kids and grand kids and friends that you got married in the worst, most despicable, disastrous year in human history. Who would want to remember that. Well Thankfully I’m single and don’t have these problems, I love this new normal that allows minimal socializing and not having to see weddings on Facebook and instagram for the foreseeable future. But really this is by far the worst year in world history. So bad I may kill my self at the end of it 

Is tis not "the worst, most despicable, disastrous year in human history." Our grandparents and great grand parents have gone through worse, and come out the other side, fine, if not living a better happier life. To answer the question, no I do not agree. A wedding doesn't make a marriage. I understand being disappointed... my husband and I got married at the Town Hall, here. I really wanted a wedding, I wanted my family there, etc .. but we couldn't. But it's got zip to do with our marriage. ANY COUPLE can have their wedding later on. Beyond that, MANY couples are having alternate weddings lately. It's not heart breaking

• Foofa

If one is of the mindset that a marriage is just about rings and cakes and dresses and a big party, then yes this would be a tough year to get married. If one believes that marriage is about creating a strong union that can withstand anything and about gaining a partner who'll have your back through thick and thin this is a great time to have a very small wedding and to know that you'll be facing the aftermath of this crisis together. 

Wow....if you think this is the worst year in history, you really need to learn more history.

Stop blaming the world for how you feel and learn to put things in perspective.  Or....keep on doing what you have been doing and be miserable.

Either way, your choice.

it will only go worse from here. u think this is over? just started

I don't think that someone will marry in this worst year. In my country marriages have postpone for next year or maybe after corona is over.

• Mike

Can't agree that this is the worst year in human history.