Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Have you ever stayed with someone despite how unhappy u were in the relationship?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

yes I have. with my first, now ex, husband. I had nowhere to go and had small children

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Never had GF never well I have Autism so wouldn't know I am not like ordinary people I was born f uck ed up thanks to God.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I have autism as well and have been in two long term relationships.

• 2 months ago

It’s part of the process of letting go. Marriage and family counselors often propose their clients give a deadline to end it, if they’re following a strategy to improve the relationship to no avail. Sometimes people do this on their own, “if this doesn’t get better in three months”, or other bargaining defenses. 

• 2 months ago

Oh yes, I have done that. That is an easy mistake to make... thinking that you need to hang on to a bad thing because you don't believe that there could be anything else for you.

After a time, you realize that you can't change other people, and that your own happiness is worth something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kaylee
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes because I wanted to give benefit of the doubt that he would change but he would get upset because I would constantly be upset about him not putting out and then on top of that not showing any affection. I should’ve left him months before that. 

• 2 months ago

Oh yes. I was desperately in love and kept thinking the relationship would improve if I just hung in there. This went on for over a year before we fell apart in mutual exhaustion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.