Marvin
Marvin asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

Did you ever give your parents a near "heart attack"?

I think I was nine years old.  I had a terrible flu and it was cold outside. The doctor had perscribed some terrible tasting liquid medicine.  It was back in 1972 (or so) and "childproof" containers did not yet exist. Liquid medicine at the time was loaded with codine.

My father said that I cannot go outside until I finish the bottle of medicine.  One of my playmates knocked at the door.  A moment later I came out of the kitchen with the empty bottle. I told my father "it is finished"........ and then I puked it all up. I seem to remember my parents put me in the car and drove me to the hospital. I think I puked again in the car.I gather he did not mean "finish" the bottle all at once, but I was too young to get that. My father was a Vietnam War Veteran and he often just barked out orderes that I did not understand.

My mom has said so, but I don't believe so. She was just being hyperbolic.