Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

I find the Bible Boring and hate religion but scared to die. Advice ?

I hate the Bible because I can’t see if a God exists and I have to know what he looks like in order to worship him. Something told me that God of the Bible already hates me. 

Also some Christian men told me that the Holy Ghost told him that I was demon possessed and that if I want to go to heaven that I need to come to Texas 

• Favorite Answer

Your boredom, look for it somewhere else, as far as the Holy Bible is concerned, which is the word of God, no one is forcing you to read it.

As far as religion is concerned, there are many religions that believe in God, but do not observe all his laws, so if you do not convert to God, one day you will be with them in eternal hell.

Another thing, if you want God's proof you have to pray to Him constantly for a time, only then does God reveal Himself to those who pray to Him and seek Him with all their hearts!

That something that told you that God hates you, it was a demon inside your mind telling you, because he hates if you save yourself, asking for forgiveness of your sins, and his salvation.

So, I don't think you're possessed by demons, but I think you are influenced by demons inside your mind, and inside your heart, why do you listen to them?

If you wish to go to God's heaven, you must convert to God, and ask for His salvation, otherwise hell awaits you after this earthly life.

Because physical death is one thing, your soul is immortal, and you will continue to live in the other dimension, until God gives you the same new body, and He will unite your soul that had parted, then He will make His judgment.

In Texas you can only make a few movies, it's not God's kingdom out there, it's your free will!

• Doug

Read the Gospel of John. It's one of the easiest books of the Bible to understand, and it was written to show people how to have eternal life (John 20:31).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      1 month agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

Here's relevant advice that shows what's at back of your fear of death - the one who held the power of death is Satan the devil, who held people in slavery all their lives by this fear of death. Yet the one who sets us free from this fear and from the hold of death is Jesus Christ, who by His death, destroys that evil one! It's in the Bible, Hebrews 2:14-18. Don't you see that your belief in the lie (that God hates you) is part of the hold this evil one has over you? All who disbelieve God are controlled by Satan. 

You can read about how God has done what we cannot do to be delivered from him - in the Bible! I suppose that your disregard for the Bible is also due to satanic influences. Oh, and God did not send a religion into the world to deliver us - He sent His only-begotten Son. Consider Jesus, not religion, for no religion can save you. Only Jesus can.

You have set up for yourself a formidable, really impossible, strawman leading to belief/worshipping God. The biggest hurtle is "seeing" God. The book that you "hate" addresses that one in this way: consider the prophet Isaiah who was taken to Heaven into the presence of God and said, "Woe is me! For I am lost ... for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!" Take it from Isaiah, you do not want to be in the direct presence of God. You would not survive. 

You also cite hatred for the Bible. Why do you "hate" a book that simply tells you that God loves you? That is the message, from the Garden of Eden, to the cross on which God's Son was crucified for our sins. "For God so loved the world [that is you] that He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). As to the Bible being "boring", I have not found that to be the case, even after reading it three times, end-to-end.

• Marco

My advice is try your best not to die. If you do die, try to do it quickly, so you don't have so much time to be afraid. Good luck. The fact that you find the Bible boring really has no bearing on your fear of death. Do you think if you found the Bible exciting that it would alleviate your fears? 

We walk by faith not by sight. if you can not hope for eternal life and do the will of God read his word so you will know what is expected of you. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments if you obey the gospel and do the will of God. you will be rewarded greatly in the life to come. Thanks for the question.

Sounds like you can count on this...