mom of 2 in a stressful household wondering if anyone knows of housing programs that will pay for housing as well as help you w/ employment ?

5 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Section 8 is subsidized housing.  You won't qualify without a job.  It is "subsidized" not free housing.  There's no such thing as free housing, except under a bridge.  Waiting lists are 3 years to 13 years long, depending on the state where you live.  Employment - the only help you are going to find is - there's the computer.  They will point it out to you, for those who don't have a computer at home and choose to go to the employment office instead of the library.  They may also have a board with local job listings.  You will have to look yourself.  Nobody is going to do it for you.

  • 2 months ago

    Only thing like that I am aware of is a shelter. Some but not all shelters have programs to help find a job. Housing orograms handle housing only. They do not typically handle employment. The employment agency does.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    Yes............. but this is a world wide Q&A forum!

  • 3 months ago

    there are subsidized housing programs, but you still need to pay part of the rent...are you with the baby daddy?  how much support can you get from him?  many wait lists are closed and even if you can get on, it could be years to get help.

    if there is domestic violence, there are programs to help you get out.

    generic employment assistance varies, many low income areas have them.

    the unemployment career center may help...don't know if you actually need to have lost a job.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    usually ach program focusses on one issud so thy'd b diffrnt programs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.