When will the coronavirus and lockdowns end?

At least have some kind of vaccine to make the virus less harmful and we can stop wearing face masks

12 Answers

Relevance
  • For now you don't know who has covid 19 and there isn't a vaccine yet that I know of that works to get rid of covid 19. But there are several vaccines in the works, that still have to go through testing processes. As for wearing a mask, that depends on where you are and what health officials are recommending. 

In my area, you should still be wearing face mask when physical distancing could be challenging, and still practice physical distancing when ever possible. You should wear masks as directed or until health officials, or if a business asks you to wear one when you're inside. 

Until there's no more new cases, or new case numbers start going down, instead of up full on lock downs will continue. New case numbers have to go down for a few weeks in order for officials to declare it safe for certain businesses safe to reopen. Every one should be doing their part to help reduce the spread of covid 19, and to help prevent them selves from getting it. In my area we're in phase one of slowly re opening the economy. They're talking about starting phase 2 in the second week of June, if all goes well and officials give the 'green light' to start phase 2. Check up with a reliable new source to see when your area is going to end a lock down, or re open in phases. I know it seams like for ever, but these are measures every one should to take to keep us safe. Just try to be patient and be more positive. This virus and lock downs can't go on for ever.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The corona virus will end at some point but the exact time is unknown. You have to follow the health instruction of the local authorities. You must be patient. 

• 1 month ago

No one knows ! it depends on where you live , but also how the virus spreads in the future. We do not currently have a vaccine and even if we did it would not make the virus less harmful until we have been vaccinated and gained some immunity from the virus. The lockdowns may be lifted and then reintroduced at a later date if there is a second wave of the disease.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not soon enough! I am not interested in a vaccine as they are really trying to push the microchipping of everybody! NO THANKS!!! I WONT be controlled by the government!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't even need to wear a mask or have any lock-downs now. Many  states lifted those recommendations as early as May 1, or by May 22 at the latest. They were lifted on my state.

In those states, the beaches and parks are open and are packed; all businesses have re-opened; church services and public assembly are allowed (with no restrictions on the number of people who can be present); doctors are seeing patients on a regular basis again; and most  state government offices have re-opened. Things are getting back to normal; and masks and social distancing and lock-downs are mostly things of the past. 

If a vaccine was formulated tomorrow that they think MIGHT work with this year's strain of corona virus, it's still going to require 16 to 18 months of test trials and research before the vaccine would be deemed safe to use and released to the general public.  Even then, it probably wouldn't be effective on next year's strain of corona virus. It won't give you long-term protection; they aren't even looking for that kind of vaccine. You would have to be re-vaccinated against the new strain every year, just like you do with the flu vaccine. 

In the town in which I live, there have been only three cases of corona virus ever since this whole thing began in January. Not even one of those 3 cases required hospitalization. They all recovered at home. They felt sort of "under the weather" and weak for 3-4 weeks, and then the virus cleared itself from their system.

• 1 month ago

It will end when there is a vaccine so likely in 1-2 years

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A vaccine will give you partial protection from the current year's strain of the virus; it won't protect you against next year's strain. You'll have to be re-vaccinated every year. The vaccine won't PREVENT the virus; it'll only reduce the severity of the symptoms if you DO catch the virus..

• 1 month ago

I'm not sure, but let's hope we get a vaccine this Summer, because we can not miss an opportunity to get a vaccine this year, or we'll be stuck in quarantine lamenting the missed opportunities to end the pandemic all year long.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Ken: There can't be a vaccine this summer. Even if they came up with a vaccine tomorrow that they think MIGHT work with this year's strain of corona virus, it would still have to undergo 16 to 18 months of test trials before the FDA would deem it safe for use by general pubic.  

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When it does, dude.

When it does. 

Certainly not before.

• 1 month ago

No one knows when this will all end, but people insist on repeatedly asking this question. 

• 1 month ago

Realistically, probably next year if all the tests are performed to make sure that it’s safe. This is assuming that previous vaccines can be modified to stop the corona. If we have to build a vaccine from scratch, it’ll take 5-10 years. 

Best case scenario, by the end of this year.  Here’s hoping that Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine works because J&J is betting that it’s vaccine will work by making 1 billion vaccines before it’s even approved. I think Moderna is the furthest along. It already finished phase 1 of the human testing and I think it will begin phase 2 next week. Phase 3 will be this summer. 

Trump’s people think it can have a vaccine by this fall, which is only 3 months away. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.