Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

So my girlfriend hits me when she gets angry. My friends, even my female friends, say that I should hit her back. Do you agree?

I've told my girlfriend how much I dislike being hit, but she doesn't listen.

Yes. I know. I should dump her, but Ashlynn is a GREAT girlfriend when she doesn't let her temper get the best of her.

We're in our early 20s if that matters.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all, it doesn't matter how "great," someone is. 

If you are being hit by someone, your rights and personal space are being violated, unless you are specifically, literally asking to be hit. ESPECIALLY if you are asking for them to stop. I'm going to give you the hard and straight of it, you're being abused- you aren't going to like hearing that, but when you're being hit, you're being abused. It doesn't matter that she's a girl- and it doesn't even matter if you're a boy.Unless you give express permission to be hit, it's a sign of abuse. Temper doesn't excuse it- you're not her punching bag, you're a living, breathing, feeling being.Second of all, no. Don't hit back- that just makes you as bad as her. If you really want to try and make this... situation... Work, what you have to do is get her a punching bag, or a gym membership if possible when all this ends. Therapy/anger management is also an excellent idea- but I know (trust me I know,) that that often requires money that you may not have. 

If the punching bag idea doesn't work, and you find yourself still being hit... maybe you should really reconsider how "great," she really is.

Maybe I'm being overly judgemental of her- but you need to focus on you.

• 2 months ago

YOU AN IDIOT, SHE IS ASSAULTING YOU, SHE BELONGS IN JAIL!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

So sometimes she's a great person, and sometimes she's unacceptably abusive. Sorry to say, that's a lose/lose proposition. Her great personality is destroyed by her abuse. If you value her however, and care about her, you can offer her a choice; seek out therapy to explore and deal with her temper and her violence, or lose you as a boyfriend. You cannot fix her, but that doesn't mean she can't get better if she's motivated to.

• Bob
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It’s a toxic relationship 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. You should simply get another girl friend.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If she's a feminazi, then yes. Equal rights, equal fights.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.