I was invited by friends to play an amateur football tournament but I am really bad playing football, advice?

I am 25 and don't touch a ball since my teenage years. Do you play well, by the way?, PS pardon grammar or spelling mistakes I'm not native. 

• Ryan

if it's an amateur tournament you're not supposed to be good. Your friends are happy enough to invite you and prob know you're bad so they're willing to have you on the team even knowing this

• August

If there is any doubt or you may feel embarest ,just turn down the invite and go to watch instead 

Don't do it.  Playing nancyball leads to pansy-ism.

• what's it matter though, if you havn't kicked a ball since your teens if you were as you say  really bad?

Listen forget what people think, if they are friends they will likely already know you are not the best, or they should realize you are no Messi, if you havn't played in so much time,  just go an enjoy it, maybe take advice from some others who are also playing, but seriously it's not worth worrying about...one q though how are you staying safe and safeguarding against potential infection, when you are it seems to me not following lockdown protocol?