Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

I have a question about immigration?

My spouse is an American citizen. I am not I am waiting for my green card application to be accepted. My question is if I’m not living with my spouse and he has a roommate that he is living with and this roommate is getting Medicaid monthly benefit payment that he cares for him will this affect my pending green card application? 

Are you living in your country of citizenship, awaiting your spousal visa to enter US? Or are you living in US, and if so, with what status? E.g. you entered & married on K-1 & now awaiting Adjustment of Status? This makes a huge difference! What are the facts here? If you are married but not living together, your marriage is a FRAUD - unless you are in your own country awaiting visa to enter US to join your spouse.

Your spouse must meet earnings requirements to support self + all dependents + you. If someone in his household is on benefits such as Medicaid, then he does not earn enough to meet support requirements. So what's the deal with your spouse & this other person? What's the relationship?

What are the essential details here? 

USCIS will not consider the marriage to be real if the two of you are not living together plus have things like a joint bank account.

• Foofa

One assumes that by "not" you mean "now". But yes, not living with your sponsoring spouse will very likely mean this "marriage" isn't deemed authentic. Sounds very much like fraud (and not because the roommate is on benefits). You're not even attempting to make this scam look real. 

No.

But you not living with your spouse might . . .

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.