Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you use instacart to have your groceries delivered?

• james

No  I send the maid with a list myself.  Hope she stays well. 

• IvaB

Nope.....................

I work for Instacart as an in-store shopper. Meaning, I'm not the one delivering your groceries but I'm the one who does all of your shopping. I always have constant communication with my customers throughout the shopping experience. I let them know every time I have to replace something and what I'm replacing with. And if I had to do an refund I explain why. This way they have the option to tell me if they approve of the replacement or if not, then what they prefer. If I refund an out-of-stock item they can also tell me if I can get something in its place. I have worked for Instacart for a year and have always maintained a 5 star rating. I always get great comments from my customers. I'm not perfect, I do make mistakes sometimes but I'm only human. Here are my most recent comments from work down below.

All in all I think it's a great service. I can't speak for everyone else but me and my team of coworkers work really hard and do great jobs. Many people don't know this but when we are shopping for your orders, we are being timed. Depending on how many items you order depends on how much time we have. I think we get something like 20 secs per items. Meaning the app wants us to shop for and scan 3 items a minute. My store is massive and it takes time to get through the store in and out of aisles or people blocking your way etc. So I'm at an almost jogging pace 8 hours straight. A lot of people also think it's an easy job. It's not hard to grocery shop no. But you have to have a strategy of sorts to navigate through the store as efficiently as possible because tick tick tick...that timer's ticking. I know the store so well that I often am asked by store employees and customers where to find things. I can tell you by heart where every item is in the store. Anyways, plus your lugging around this giant cart full of a million things while jogging. Lol. It can take it out of you after 8 hours straight all the time. 

I personally absolutely love my job.

Source(s): I work for Instacart as an in-store shopper and about to move into a management position.
    • You guys are great! But I swear my deliveries are coming from my shoppers. I know Amazon has separate people, but I thought Instacart was the same. Who am I tipping? I give huge tips because of the shopping. Please don't tell me it's going to someone who only has to drive to my house!

• Will

We have not but we have an older neighbor who started using delivery services. It is more expensive because they mark up the groceries but for her it is well worth it.

No, we don't get groceries delivered.

• kswck2

Nope. I physically can go out and get food. I prepare for emergencies like this. I have freezers full of food. I can Can, dry and process most anything anyway. 

• No. Their company is terrible on a raft of levels (they mark up prices, a required tip doesn't even go to the person delivering the stuff, and when I see the Instacart people at my grocery store they're hostile to being violent (lost count of how many times I've been rammed in the back with a cart or deliberately bumped into).  I'd sooner crawl over broken glass to buy my groceries.

• Amber1 month agoReport

Where do you live bc that would NEVER happen out here. I work for Instacart and have for a year. Never have I or any of my co-workers ever "rammed" someone with a cart. The prices are not raised by Instacart but the store. And yes the delivery drivers do get your tips. Have fun on that glass. 

I joined Instacart in mid-February when my wife and i decided to shelter in place. We also joined Walmart's delivery service. Turns out Instacart is a lot better deal. They have listed substitutions you can accept or reject for each item in your order, they have personal shoppers who may call you with order questions (that I have yet to experience) and an active customer service group. Their fulfillment percentage is twice better than Walmart. Both have $30.00 minimum order points. The Instacart tip program allows you to set a percentage of order cost before taxes and fees, that I find convenient. Walmart sends you an email with what they couldn't fulfill and asks a dollar amount for tip. Sometimes the "other amount" selection locks up the program and you can't tip your shopper.

• I've had lots of text interactions with my shoppers and it's great. They'll even send pictures of items/shelves to let you decide if you want something. Plus - you can put notes with the items you buy. I have not seen that anywhere else.

I've been using peapod---which is normally awesome---but they failed me last time--had to go to the dang store the day after they delivered no meat-no eggs-no milk....so maybe I will try instacart next time!

Tomorrow will be the fifth delivery. There've been mistakes, but Instacart has been good about making things right (as they can be).