Best bible chapters to start on?

I’m currently trying to reconnect my relationship with God, what are the best chapters to start on? What are some of your personal favorites?

Favorite Answer

hello kala!! im so glad that you are trying to reconnect with the Lord. He loves you + is so glad you're taking this step to reestablish your relationship with Him. I will be praying for you! 

I always tell people that the BEST place to start when reading Scripture + trying to connect with God are the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke + John. They are the perfect Books in Scripture for telling everything that is CRUCIAL + needs to be known. They are the foundation of our faith because they introduce us to Christ, SHOW us who He is, provide us with the essential + basic knowledge about salvation + forming a relationship with God, + teach us all about the Father's statutes. Scripture can be so intimidating, bc there is so much to it, but I truly believe reading through all of the Gospels in order will take you STRAIGHT to the heartbeat of the Word. Doing this will [hopefully] make you feel more comfortable when you begin reading other Books. 

On top of this, I don't think it could hurt to read through the Psalms + Proverbs. The Psalms are great comfort readings + the Proverbs are guaranteed to help you as you navigate God's path for you; they are filled with wisdom!! Once you have read through the Gospels + explored those, don't be afraid to experiment + start reading wherever. don't hesitate to read through things twice to better understand + learn. pls remember that other brothers and sisters in Christ are learning, just like you. NO piece of Scripture is too hard to understand with God's help. Ask for His assistance in teaching you the Truth that lies in His Word. 

this is ALL my opinion, though. pray about it + let the Lord lead you where He wants you. this is just what I think could be a good starting point.good luck kala, God bless!

Source(s): Graduated w/ Theology Minor from a Christian University

The Bible took its name from the Greek word ‘bibliothiki’ which means library.

The Bible is actually a small library of books - 66 of them.

So how would you read ANY book?

A chapter here and there? One paragraph or sentence at a time jumping from place to place?

Read each book from beginning to end. If you get to places you find difficult, like long genealogies, go to an audio Bible app like Biblegateway and let someone read it to you.

I don’t recommend this for most of scripture because it’s kind of like gulping down your food. Scripture is nourishment for your soul; you need to chew on it slowly to enjoy it and get nutrients from it.

I’m on my sixth journey right now, over close to seventeen years of study. Each time it’s different - not because it has changed but because I have.

Fill yourself up with truth so you can spot a lie a mile away.

God bless you for Jesus’ sake.

The Bible is actually a library, with many books in it.  So, read one at a time!  I would suggest Mark to begin with.  It is an easy read, and takes about 3 1/2 hours to do at most.  It gives good basics.

MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE AND JOHN THEN ACTS AND THE OTHER EPISTLES.

READ GENESIS AND EXODUS TO FIND OUT ABOUT OUR BEGINNINGS.

Mat. 5:48 GT+×××××++×+×+

Revelation because you might not finish the bible before the world ends, so you might as well read the part of the bible that says that everyone will be killed because George W. Bush attacked Iraq.

• Ala

Book of John is great.

The first page, as with any book.

Genesis 1:1