Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

How do I answer these indirect spanish questions?

Miguel made several comments about a play. Use the verbs in parentheses to report on what Miguel said.

Modelo: Este teatro es demasiado pequeño. (decir)

Miguel dijo que el teatro era demasiado pequeño.

1. El secreto va a ser una obra clásica en unos años. (decir)

2. Creo que van a subir los precios de los boletos después de tan buen resultado. (añadir)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Miguel made several comments about a play. Use the verbs in parentheses to report on what Miguel said.

Modelo: Este teatro es demasiado pequeño. (decir)

Miguel dijo que el teatro era demasiado pequeño.

1. "El secreto" va a ser una obra clásica en unos años. (decir)

Miguel dijo que "El secreto" IBA a ser una obra clásica en unos años.

2. Creo que van a subir los precios de los boletos después de tan buen resultado. (añadir)

Miguel añadió que CREÍA que IBAN a subir los precios de los boletos después de tan buen resultado.

---------------

As in English, when the reporting verb is in the past (él dijo = he said, él añadió = he added), you need to change the present verbs in the reported sentences to the past too. Sometimes you also need to change the grammatical persons (from "I" to "he").

- "El secreto" (la obra = ella) VA a ser... (va: present indicative) --> "El secreto" (la obra = ella) IBA a ser... (iba: imperfect indicative) ...

- "The secret" IS going to be... --> "The secret" WAS going to be... -->

- (yo) CREO que... (present indicative) --> (él) CREÍA que... (imperfect indicative)

- I THINK that... --> He THOUGHT that...

- los precios (ellos) VAN a subir (present indicative) --> los precios (ellos) IBAN (imperfect indicative)

- Prices ARE going to rise --> Prices WERE going to rise  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I almost don't get sentence number one... but I think I finally did.. "el secreto" was written inside quotation marks, right? if so, next time don't forget to include quotation marks otherwise it's difficult to understand the message the sentence is trying to convey..

Anyways..

1- Miguel dijo que "el secreto" iba a ser un exito en unos años.

2- Miguel añadió que los precios de los boletos iban a subir  después de tan buen resultado. .

God bless you. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

By opening your Spanish book and reading the instructions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.