Has anyone dealt with sexual harassment? How do I stop a coworker from continuously making disgusting sexual jokes? ?

P.s this will be long

I have a coworker, a company photographer. We are colleagues we worked together a lot, eventually we became friends and a few months he started making sexual jokes about himself, and other girls, how he'd like to 'ride' girls, on a few occasion he mentioned me and my other colleague. Countless times he would talk about my boobs, commenting they were big, like two big balls, looks so ... ughh you guys get it. Initially i thought he didn't mean it and took jokes too far and told him to stop politely. I told him it was disrespectful and disgusting.I didn't want to hear those jokes.But he said I was petty and couldn't take a joke etc.Then it got worse.He would make obscene gestures e.g squeezing someone's boobs, and he does it directly to me. At times he would call my name and hold his hands near his crotch and do disgusting gestures, mouthing my name said I was to strip etc. I am sick and disgusted just looking at him.I feel like bashing his face in and I'm afraid of what I'll do if this happens continuously.Once i stabbed him with a pen, he avoided and I kicked him in the crotch.The second time I hit him with my water bottle.The thing is, when he does these some coworkers are there but none seem to think it's a big deal.Btw he does it only when a select few people are around. What should i do?I want to report to HR but since I'm new, I don't want to make it seem like I am causing trouble as I just joined and he has been with the company for years. Help?? 

• Rick
    Favorite Answer

Report him - now.  It doesn't matter that you're new.  He needs someone else to tell him that his behavior is rude and inappropriate, and if that comes from someone in HR, he'll smarten up and might stop.  

They're not jokes; they're real desires and he's going way too far.  The next time he tells you that you can take a joke, tell him they're not jokes - it's abuse.  People use the jokes excuse because they think they can get away with it.

If HR talks to him and nothing changes, talk to the police and get their advice on what to do next.  Unfortunately, you're not the only one who has to put up with this abuse - and that's what it really is.

Keep a record of all the things he has done, where, who was present, what did he say and sent an email to HR. Report it.

They won't want to risk a sue for sexual harrassment

Complain to HR. They want to know when there is sexual-harassment.  It can lead to lawsuits. 

The guy will be reprimanded and/or fired. 

• Chanel

Tell him to just get on with his work and if he does not shut his foul mouth you will be reporting him.

This will be short

"How do I stop a coworker from continuously making disgusting sexual jokes?"

By reporting them

• VPR_0000

The only answer needed