Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Do all smokers quit smoking if they have been diagnosed with throat cancer?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Nobody all does anything. Not all smokers quit at any time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They should, but some will not as they are too addicted to the nicotine.

• 1 month ago

Friend I've seen people that have had throat cancer and I've had a tracheotomy hold the cigarette to the tracheotomy hole to continue smoking! The answer to that is no

• 1 month ago

I don't know about throat cancer but I know the day my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer he never smoked again, shame he died 3 years later with stomach cancer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not even close to the majority quit once they have been diagnosed with any number of the issues, that result from smoking.  If that was all it took, a little oh my, i need to quit. Then most would before they reached that point. At least most that have been doing it for a while. Do you think they enjoy the stink, going out into the elements to have a smoke, the staining of their teeth and skin, the cough, being eliminated from jobs or workplaces becouse they smoke, having to hide around corners in usually nasty settings becouse that is the smoking area. Have others not allow their kids to play with their kids becouse they smoke, the cost. Most smoke becouse they got hooked young, in their teens, before they fully understood the long term consequences or the addictive nature. If it was easy to quit, then most would.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.