Do you take the US Government alcohol warning seriously?

(1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects.

(2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.

If you're motto is, "If you're not wasted then the day is wasted" then this doesn't apply, right? Wrong? Maybe? Whatever? STFU?

Favorite Answer

Yes, unlike many.

That motto comes from ignorance, and the Surgeon General doesn't make these things up just to spoil your "high". The warnings are serious and real.

Even if not pregnant or driving, women should never drink more than 2 drinks on any occasion, and never more than 5 times a week. For men, never more than 3 drinks, never more than 5 times a week.

Alcohol DOES kill brain cells and liver cells, and these do not repair from the damage. Over time, it affects your ability to make good choices and control your emotions, and can lead to failure in life.

And if you are younger than 22 or 23, your brain hasn't even finished growing yet, so alcohol does much more damage to your chances of a happy adult life.

the birth defects are real. so is the inability to drive decent when drunk.

• kswck2

To the best of my knowledge, being male means I cannot get pregnant. So I just ignore the warnings.

Warnings like that are for really stupid people. It's like the warning on a cup of coffee-Warning: Contents May Be Hot. It is also to deflect on Liability issues-to prevent stupid people from spilling that coffee on them-and tehn suing.

• Bill

if you don't take the warnings seriously , then you are just one of the many uneducated , me first , all about my rights , red necked gun toting idiots that inhabit America . Now get to the end of the line and that is about on the other side of the country