Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is it weird to walk barefoot in the hallway of an apartment building?

I live in an apartment building and when I take out the trash, I have to walk down the hallway to the compactor room. It's too much trouble to put on shoes or slippers when I'm just walking down the hall for literally 5 seconds to take out the trash. Our hallway floors aren't that dirty because it gets cleaned regularly, so it's not a big deal to me.

Would it be weird to start walking down the hallway barefoot to take out the trash? If neighbors see me, would they give me weird looks?

Yes, it's tacky.  You're in a public place.  

Why bother about what other people think? There have been times my feet got so hot while I was shopping, that I took my shoes off and finished my shopping barefoot. The coldness of the floor was a massive relief. Why should I care about people who want to stare, but don't care enough to ask if I'm OK? 

• Foofa

It's pretty gross since other people have to walk there too. 

why do you care so much?

If the floor is clean as you  say, why are you even bothering to ask? You people have a strange idea of what 'weird' is.

Barefoot on the path to the trash? Eww, NO, that is gross to me.

Then what...you get back into your apartment and put your feet up on your ottoman or couch or bed? Yuck!

i dont think so, but it might help to put some socks on

If you wish to be barefoot when taking out the trash, then do so. Simply be aware of any debris on the ground that may cause you some pain, e.g., glass. You choosing to be barefoot is totally valid for you.

This isn’t in Florida is it?  Every one walks barefoot everywhere here.  

i dont think so but i would at least wear socks, i walk around my apt building with socks when im doing stuff like getting my mail or just walking around,