Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Most popular (rather than accurate) answer: what was a novel that was terrible to read in high school?

• Squid
    Favorite Answer

Mrs.Dalloway by Virginia Wolf.  It was the most boring stream of consciousness ever.  

• Ludwig

The Great Gatsby

I don't know that I ever read anything "terrible", but I hated Pride and Prejudice. I thought it was the most boring book I'd every read- all they did was take long walks. It wasn't until later when I read it when i got the humor. It's a satire of the values and attitudes of the day, and if you have a little background knowledge, much of it is hilarious. Most English teachers don't teach it that way. There's a new version of Emma that makes the humor in that book much more explicit for modern audiences. 

well idk about novel but I sure did hate having to read Shakespeare's plays. 

I forgot if it was sophomore year or jr year.