Is Earth Flat? Oval? Cube? and why? or How?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Acetek
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

It is an oblate spheroid 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sweet mother of god.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Earth is round like a basket ball but with a slight bluge around the middle.

Why and How ?   GRAVITY.   When a body reaches a certain Mass, gravity takes over and shapes it into a ball.

Don't believe me?  Find yourself a Sail Boat and go for a trip all the way around.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A Giant "Sphere". more or less, as GRAVITY from its mass pulls equally from all Directions-----Just as the air pressure in a bubble pushes OUT equally in all directions----Forming a sphere.-------The centrifical force from the rotation causes the planet to bulge a bit at the Equator---but only a handful of miles, which means practically nothing with an otherwise 8,000 mile Diameter.---So it it is not a perfect sphere, But your eyes couldn't see any variation. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The center bulges because if the spin and gravity from sun and moon along that axis 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's an oblate spheroid.

• 1 month ago

Here's what the Bible says:

Isaiah 40:22- There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth. The earth is a Circle.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tom
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I say it is true but MISINTERPRETED by Ill informed Theologians.    As a Scientist I can see many of the Allegorical tales conform to modern Science.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago
  • earth  is  whatever  you  want  it  to  be … for  me,  earth  is  a  dyson-sphere … for  you,  earth  could  be  "ringworld" … wgf?

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

none of those, it is an oblate spheroid, almost a perfect sphere, as anyone past the age of 6 knows.

why? because a sphere is the shape of least energy, which gravitational force tends towards.  Because of its rotation, there is a slight bulge around the equator, hence oblate spheroid instead of sphere.

• Tom
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Essentially just a "SPHERE"  The "bulge" thing is misleading as it is only two or three miles or so in a diameter of 8000 miles, we couldn't see it visually.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.