What is a good vegan shopping list? I'm interesting in veganism and would like an example of your shopping lists.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Fresh vegetables.

Fresh fruit.

Almond milk.

Whole wheat bread.

Brown rice.

Dried legumes (lentils, black beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans, red beans .... MOST of your every-day protein will be from slow-cooked legumes served over rice ... unless you like tofu, which I don't).

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Actually there's many types of bean that doesn't need a "complimentary food t be eaten with them. However specific "complimentary foods" aren't needed either. Any number of foods can be used without though, and over the course of a day, to make a "complete" protein.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bulk: Olive oil, Extra Virgin, peanuts, black beans/white beans,

frozen corn, lentils, brown rice, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, celery, carrot, thyme, oregano, bread, pasta, canned whole tomato, ground flax seed, nutritional yeast, multiV as a precaution

Daily: various veg

If you’ve never gone vegan before, you’re honestly better off becoming a vegetarian first. Cutting out animal products entirely is a huge shock not only for your stomach, but your mind too, especially if you’re not used to it. Crawl before you run. I currently only cook meat twice a week and it’s been so much easier than totally cutting it out entirely

• Louis
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you google vegan shopping list you will see many versions that you can print and put on the frig. 

Here is a good example

https://thefriendlyfig.com/wp-content/uploads/2015...

I have a list like this that I made myself and put on my phone. then i just go thru the list and check any items that I don't have. I

It does take a while before you have everything you need. and if you keep trying new recipes, it seems like you always need extrar ingredients. 

• A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Simply take your usual menu and substitute the animal products.

If you have cereal and milk for breakfast get almond milk

there are egg and sausage subs too.

Sandwiches can be vegan mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado.

Sub chicken, burgers and such with vegan substitutes or chickpeas,  black beans, brown rice,  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Vegetables, rice, (chicpea) Pasta. Nuts and berries.

• Gorgia
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.