Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Was he being racist?

So I had a conversation that went like this

Me-The British Special Air Service (SAS) are often refered to as the best in the world

Marine veteran-They're British

Me-What does that have to do with anything?

Marine veteran-Nothing.  I'm just saying they're British.

Me-Don't be racist

Marine veteran-I'm not.  I'm just saying they're British.

So would if that's not racist, is saying "they're black" not racist either.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A single SAS man can clap a platoon of Marines ez any day of the week

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

NO, he was NOT being racist - just telling the TRUTH.  Racist means skin color - NOT nationality.

• 1 month ago

Let's get this straight... BEING BRITISH is now a RACE... WOW... your a real rocket scientist democrit arent you to believe that... And I always read and was told a RACE is a color like black, brown, yellow, etc.... so NOW sense you are so POLITICALLY CORRECT Someone from BRITAIN  IS a RACE.... OK What's a Sailor in the Navy if he is from Ireland or Germany... What race are they according to YOUR THINKING... Explain HOW is not agreeing on a JOB being a RACIST ACCORDING TO YOUR COMMENTS...  

'

You got to be a DEMOCRIT arent you.. First thing you think of is to CALL SOMEONE A RACIST... 

• “British” isn’t a race; it’s a nationality

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You have to realize that black is by definition the absence of color as is white and move on from there.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, that's you being a very bad Troll.

• 1 month ago

Not really.

Saying "they're black" has to do with SKIN COLOR.

Saying "they're British" does NOT have to do with SKIN COLOR.

Imagine if you told them they were German instead of British and he says "they're German"

Or you told him that they are Canadian soldiers and he said "they're Canadian" 

He propably just said "they're british" as a first impression.

As opposed you meet someone for the first time and say "you're black" when that was irrelevant to anything anyone said at that time.

"They're black"-that is skin color

"They're British"-That is just referring to their country and not skin color.

• Bob
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

OK, well first of all, 'British' isn't a race, so he's not being racist.

To be honest, it's not clear what the marine was trying to imply. Does the SAS being British somehow make them lesser and if so, why? It's all very unclear.

Aside from that, yes, it's unquestionably true that the SAS are the best in the world. American marines come a long way down that list. It's true that American marines are the noisiest and the most gungo-ho at being noisily aggressive in their ardor to be recognized but what the hoo-rah yahoos forget is that the American military leads the world in deaths from friendly fire and the fact that you can become a marine without even having a High School Diploma tells us all we need to know about the quality of the average US marine.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course not, since "British" is not a race.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So, another person made a simple, accurate statement, you didn't like it, it's got nothing to do with referring to colour either, you're the strange one...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.