Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

What is the best break barrel rifle based on your ownership?

I had a crosman, it broke within a month (crosman prowler .177).   I need a new one to kill some pests (rats and those long ones). 

I notice there is a brand called "artemis".... search on youtube.  has anyone had any experience with this model?

• Robin

holland and holland .................

• C_F_45

If you're looking for what I consider to be the best value for taking small game and pests(rats included)

Hatsan 95($149)

A bit more, but if you have a lot of rats

Gamo Swarm Maxxim - prefer in .22 caliber

$196 off Gunbroker - includes shipping

The Diana(RWS) 350 Magnum($349) is the least expensive air rifle that I include with the best in the world. I much prefer this one in .22 due to the power(25ft-lbs) there is a much better selection of 14-19gr pellets in .22 than in .177 and for accuracy's sake you're going to want to shoot a heavier pellet. 

Added for "Artemis airguns"

Other than they are made in China. I don't know anything about them.

What I do know is, the next time anyone in China builds a good spring/gas piston air rifle, will be the first time. Your experience with the Crosman should have taught you that.