Survey: Don't you think companies should do drug testing for pre-employment? Why or why not?

Favorite Answer

I believe companies should screen potential employees and try to maintain a safe workspace. I wonder sometimes, just how effective drug testing is. Just because someone passes a drug test doesn't mean, once the test is behind them and they get hired on, they won't do drugs. I think random, spontaneous testing is the way to go.

It depends on the job, but in most cases, no. First of all, I don't think employers should have any undue influence on their employee's lives outside if work. It is literally none of their business what their employees do in their off-hours.

Second, proper drug testing is expensive. The cheap test kits that many employers like to use will register false positives quite often, and for consuming legal foods and drugs, let alone illegal ones.

No because my beauty is too intoxicating to be employable.

If they want to, then they should.

It doesn't make a lick of difference