Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Do I qualify for unemployment (Michigan)?

I'm 18 and worked a varying hour job (part time?) and quit my job solely from Covid-19 having to be in a car with people from a behavior hospital for up to hours. I'm a student, and currently live with parents (rick of being kicked out). I've been working for about 9 months until I quit and was paid under the table, could file tax for the nest season. How do I know If I qualify for unemployment?

No, because you quit. You don't qualify for unemployment if you left your job voluntarily.

Under the table income is taxable, and the law requires you file a return.

Since you quit, you are not eligible

you need to talk to unemployment about it

Quitting typically disqualifies you for unemployment compensation. Unemployment is supposed to compensate for being laid off, furloughed and not for voluntarily quitting. And to a point, if you were paid "under the table" then you didn t pay into unemployment compensation, which typically comes out of each paycheck.

• Nader2 months agoReport

Though there is an option in the application "Quit due to Covid-19", but the check part I can understand.