Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Do I have the right to make a complaint against a hospital for negligence?

My girlfriend got an infection from a surgical wound. 

This wound has been open since november and she’s made several complaints about how it wasn’t closing up. They responded about how it will heal up. They provided some kind of powder to help heal the wound. 

However it wasn't effective. She made more complaints, and they respond saying it will heal.

Now she’s getting pain from the wound and its developed a mild infection.

Then they told her to wait until her upcoming appointment. Which is a week later.

Instead we took action and made an appointment with another area. Where they declared its an infection. 

Can I complain about negligence of a hospital? Even my girlfriend’s brother almost died because they “forgot” to prescribe medication to prevent bloodclots.

Hear my frustration to watch my girlfriend suffer for the past year and a half 

Update:

Like it doesn’t feel consistent every time I’m at that one hospital. Like its depressing 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

no you do not any right to file a

complaint only she or her family

members can do that

is she diabetic? why the wound

wont heal

is she eating a lot of sugary foods

she should take Vit C to speed up

the healing process

and stop all sugar intake for 15 days

• Minh2 months agoReport

Ty for the advice

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No you can't file a complaint.  You're her boyfriend, which means you're basically nobody legally.

Your girlfriend made the mistake of going back to the same hospital emergency room for a problem she should have visited her GP over.  The ER doesn't work that way.

As soon as you're seen by an emergency doctor, the ER's first priority is how to get you the hell out of the ER.  They can admit you to a ward upstairs, they can send you to emergency surgery, or they can patch you up and send you home.  Unless you get tired of waiting and walk out, those are their only three options.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

your question raises so many doubts as your information doesn't add up as you say she has been suffering for a year and a half but it's only 6 months from November until now and where did the whole year come from, unless she had it in November 2018 which you never mentioned in your question

• Minh2 months agoReport

frustration as in she got the disease a year and a half ago and surgery a year later. Which has left serious complications

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She would need to ask a lawyer if she wants compensation. But it will be on a no-win no-fee basis against a hospital with virtually unlimited legal protection, so they may not be too interested.  It could be messy if she didn't discharge herself properly from the out-patient care of the first hospital.

Doesn't the new hospital have to write to your doctor explaining what they have done and why?

• Minh2 months agoReport

they haven’t mentioned they kept the wound open. They just plastered a sticker over top of the wound. No instructions given on how to take care of it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You have no legal standing as far as being able to force them to do anything, but you have every right to make your concerns known. Try to stay focused on the specific issue.

• Minh2 months agoReport

Thanks

• 2 months ago

No.  You are not the patient or a family member of the patient or the guardian of the patient.  Your girlfriend can file a complaint.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.