Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Has anyone ever done this before? Is it legal?

I had to go the emergency room of our hospital. They took care of the problem but the bill was several thousand dollars. I did not think I would have a problem as I had health insurance. I forgot that my insurance had a $2000 deductible. I started getting bills from the hospital for $2000. They turned their bill over to a collection agency and they started calling me several times a day. They were really harassing me.

I tried to borrow $2000 from my bank and they said no. I called everyone I could think of to try to borrow $2000. I was desperate. I did not know what to do. In a bold move, I called my ex husband and ask him for advice. He said to meet him at a restaurant and bring the hospital bill with me so he could review it. When I showed him the hospital bill, he wrote a check for $2000, put the check and the bill in an envelope. He said that is not a loan, that is just a friend helping a friend.

That was the nicest thing any one had ever done for me in MY WHOLE LIFE. When I asked him why he did it, he said “I want the very best future possible for you”. That was a life changing moment. I could just feel my love for him all over my body. I want to be his wife again and be the best wife he could ever have. Should I tell him I am in love with him and ask him to marry me again?

Do you think from what he said, I have a chance to be his wife again?

It would really depend on the circumstances of your divorce.

I have an ex that I would do that for if I could but it wouldn't be any indicator of 'wanting' to get back with her.

Try talking again and take it one step at a time, don't rush into marriage yet, blow him real good to show your appreciation. 

Maybe he didn’t do it because he wants you back. There are actually some people out there who do things with no strings attached. And from my own experience they are the types of people that usually get taken advantage of very badly. Because in my own unfortunate experience in this life, I found that most people are just out to use other people. Even family members, marriage partners, ex marriage partners and so on. There’s a lot of using going on in this world. And those that give too much usually end up with nothing. And once they’ve been left with nothing, they just want to be left alone. To live out the rest of their days knowing that they were able to give without expecting anything in return. At least that way they leave this life with a clear conscience.

• A

Think about your emotions, you were stressed out over the bill, had no where to turn-although you could have made arrangements with the collection agency- much like the loan you tried to get. He came in like a hero and now you are reading way too much into it, He may be in a new relationship, what ever reasons you divorced are still alive. Write him a heartfelt thank you, start putting money away and pay him back when you can even though he said it wasn't necessary

• RP

It is obvious he has feelings for you, but that may not include any possibility of remarriage. You might want to invite him out to dinner and express your appreciation, but, in the course of your meal, use the opportunity to expand upon your deep appreciation. His reaction will give you an indication of whether he considers you "just a friend" or if there is a possibility for more. With that information, you should know how to proceed, but you'd be wise to take things slowly. Having failed once in marriage, the interests of neither of you would be served by rushing to repeat the same mistake.