Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I’ve failed as mid-60s y/o father, divorced, 19 y/o son hates me for my failures. Don’t like where I’m living. Should I try to start over ?

somewhere else? I don’t think there’s anyway I can get back my son’s love or respect at this point. His mother married a guy who abused him and he blames me for marrying her/bringing him into the world with her. I feel like I should just go away but I still want to try to take care of him. I’m worried he’s not gonna be able to take care of himself. His mother told him I didn’t want to be a father and his birth was an accident. I told  him it isn’t true but I don’t think he believes me. I want to keep trying to help him out financially as much as I can even though I’m on Social Security disability and I can’t work anymore. I went to a psychiatrist after the divorce and they destroyed me with psych drugs which I stopped taking years ago. I have neurological and other problems now and I can’t function very well. I think I’m starting to get dementia type symptoms. I drive a really old beat up car and I can’t keep my place neat and my son’s embarrassed by me. I just get judged and criticized constantly and put down, humiliated, taken advantage of financially, etc. I don’t want to be treated like a child as people seem to be doing, including my son. He told me u was immature.  I don’t want to be put away in some home somewhere. I’m leaving whatever I’ll have left to my son. Probably won’t be much. What would you do? 

Try to escape? Move?

So you don’t constantly feel the humiliation and they can’t lock you up somewhere? I’m in my 60s and probably won’t be around much longer anyway

“Anonymous”...fu ck you.. Don’t need any further damage/feedback from psychopaths with their trademark incapacity for human empathy.

Wouldn’t be surprised if you were “Judy and Charlie” or “Sparrow” posting  anonymously.. Or perhaps just another criminally insane 

psychopath in the mental health/ psychiatry or associated fields. You ARE truly evil, criminally insane miscreants aren’t you? The world would be much much better off without you believe me.

Only a psychiatrist Would recommend that somebody who has had their life destroyed by psychiatric drugs go back for more. Go fu cking kill yourself motherfu cker. So you can’t destroy any other peoples lives. Do us a favor.

Running away won't solve your problems with your son, nor with how you feel about yourself. Better to get some help to feel stronger and more confident in yourself so you can really be there for your son. 

Going away now will make him think everything he was told about you is right. 

Either you've posted this before or several people have the same problem.

What would I do?  I'd stop feeling sorry for myself, end the pity party, get medical help, go BACK to the Psychiatrist, get myself together.

What would I do?  Well, instead of posting this over and over I'd spend the time speaking with a Psychiatrist.

• Liz

I'm sorry for your troubles. I'm a Christian so I'd tell you to study the Bible, and in particular pray to God about your situation. The article on the website below might interest you since it discusses life and it's purpose. Also, talking face to face with someone you trust aids in giving you relief from the pressure of what you feel. Please explore the website below, especially the sections on The Bible Changes Lives.

(Philippians 4:6, 7) "Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."

Wishing you the best.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/w12 11/1 Question 1: Does My Life Have a Purpose? www.jw.org/W20 January Featured Content in JW Library and on JW.ORG