Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My husband keeps hanging out with our neighbours during the pandemic and getting mad because I won't join him... AIBU?

Our neighbours are hanging out and drinking (in large outdoor groups with minimal social distancing). One of our neighbours has daily contact with their workman whose girlfriend works in a care home where there have been 30 cases of COVID-19.

My husband thinks it's fine as they're not sitting right next to each other, but I think it's stupid. I have low immunity, and my mum, who I shop for is at risk. I don't want to unnecessarily put myself or her at risk just to have a drink. I don't stop him going, but he gets really annoyed and angry that I won't go, and am unfair and unsociable.

Am I being unreasonable?

Update:

Edit: I'm in the UK

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No, he is. He KNOWS how vulnerable you are yet thinks HE is entitled to take the risk - both for himself and for you. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I think it's unreasonable that you don't mind him going! He's putting you at great risk and it's very irresponsible of him. And uncaring.

• 2 months ago

So, you think that, if you don't go to these gatherings that you'll never get ill because of them? think again. Your husband could easily become infected by someone at those gatherings and bring it straight home to you.

You're being careless and your husband is worse. If this is even a true situation, but i doubt it is, because who is this stupid? (Unless he's a Trump supporter, and then it's understandable)

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, report them to the police, they willl come and have a word with the morons.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can bet he is getting sex favors.

• Katie2 months agoReport

There are kids there, don't be gross

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The rule at our house is "Every 2 weeks, Tom goes out for necessary supplies. Everyone else stays home. Any visiting is done street to porch, a distance of about 12 feet. If you don't want to follow the rules, you're free to leave. But if you leave, you can't come back." 

So no, I don't think you're unreasonable to that kind of unnecessary risk.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.