Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

If we had summary executions for criminals, would there be less criminals?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No.  What we need is capture, trial, and conviction much as we do now.  But when that is done we need to carry out the penalty.  This business of taking twenty years to finally execute someone is ridiculous.  If there is no shadow of a doubt, like Bundy, the Zodiac killer, John Wayne Gacy, Charles Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer they need to be put to death immediately.  Each of these men cost the American people not only the cost of the trial but the room and board for the time they spent in prison.  Thousands of dollars.  And if people want to cry about the unfairness then let them donate their time, money and services to take care of them until they are executed.  Even the bible states "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".  Why should a person be allowed to take from me or you a child, mother, father, son or daughter, grandchild, cause us years of grief and anguish and yet survive possibly longer than those who they injured mentally.  I wonder how many Dad's and Mom's have asked themselves over and over what they could have done to stop their loved one from being killed.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

We could do that if we adopted the governing principals they have in China or Iran.

• joedlh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably. There would also be fewer honest citizens. How are you going to establish criminality? Are you going to base it on a hunch, as the killers in the Ahmaud Arbery killing allegedly did?

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

History says no

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

the trouble with 3 times and your out is rubbish 3 times and your dead should be more the mark except for Grooming Gangs and convicted Paedofiles penis removal and if they are convicted of child abuse again death

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. It would just teach people that killing is an acceptable way to solve problems. Monkey see, monkey do. 

• Manny
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Do you think people are criminals by choice? I'm sorry, but if me or my family are starving; I will try to steal from the government's/conservative elite's food reserves no matter how harsh the punishment is.

It's either having a 50%/50% chance to make off with some food to eat or die, or 100% chance of starving to death.

Attachment image
    Source(s): If executions work, why do people constantly be executed?
  • Sadcat
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes, but there would also be less justice.

• 99%Anonymous
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Hanging a convicted Paedophile is justice

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, just more dead ones.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Perhaps.  But we would no longer be the country that our soldiers have died for.

• 99%Anonymous
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

WW2 American soldiers Gave Guns to inmates then went for coffee

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.