Regret surgery?

A little over a year ago I discovered I was actually a man. Over the spand of the next 4 months I would then proceed to get breast reduction and horomone pills, I even got my name legally changed from Genie to Gerald. I now know that that was just a phase, as I no longer feel like I'm a man. I guess it was the thrill of something new that made me feel like I wanted a change. Anyways, I really regret it. How do I cope with this? I a mom of 2 and they have already started calling me 'dad'. 

Favorite Answer

If that story had any truth to it at all, you did everything wrong along the way.  Go see that therapist, whom you should have be talking too prior to any of this.

• Sky

I call bullshit.  You would not have been able to find any doctor who would have prescribed HRT pills, let alone approved you for surgery, without the direct supervision and approval of a gender identity therapist who you would have already been seeing for many months, who would have already determined that you were just "going through a phase."  Your trolling story posted from behind chickenshit anonymity just reeks of fiction.

If you didn't get SRS, then it's easier to detransition back to your original gender. You cope with it by leaving it in the past and moving on

Did you go through the normal process of going to a GP, then three interviews with a gender clinic and two years of real life experience? The time scale of what you describe is *really* short. I don't think you've been treated carefully or professionally. You're supposed to have to wait at least two years for hormones and four for surgery. I would complain if I were you because you've been treated criminally, literally speaking. This goes against all professional ethical standards.

That's why transgender is so wrong and unacceptable. I hope you have learned your lesson young lady. 

Hard to believe you're not trolling. Before ever starting hormones or getting surgery of any kind trans people go through a thorough evaluation by gender therapists. As a result they would have deduced you weren't trans and never would have allowed you to have surgery.

"How do I cope with this?"

Again, another indication that you're trolling. If you were actually a person that had transitioned you would know to go back and speak to your gender therapist.

Have a good day.

• nineteenthly
      1 month agoReport

If this question is taken at face value, we're talking a serious malpractice suit.  I hope you agree we should always try to take these in good faith because other people may be searching for answers.  It isn't just about the person asking the question even if they are disingenuous.