My son wants me to call him 'daughter'?

My son asked if I could call him 'daughter', as he identifies as a girl. I was a little hesitant at first because it is all so sudden and new for me, so he(she?) Got mad and started calling me transphobic and saying he was gonna call CPS on me. It is in my personal beliefs that if you are born a certain gender than that is what you will always be, by default, but I call him 'my daughter' and call him by his made up girl name and are fine with his choice of style, and if he wants to call himself a girl than I'm not gonna fight it or anything. Any advice?

He's been walking around the house pouting and telling me I should be more like his friends dad because he accepts him.. Honestly I accept that that is what he wants but I can't sit and pretend I enjoy it cuz I don't.

Omg. Just because I'm anonymous does not mean I'm trolling. This is why I hate yahoo answers now 😒 Always accused of being a troll. Trolls have no life, I am genuinely seeking answers and I appreciate those that have given me real ones. 

Favorite Answer

Whatever happened to "My house, my rules?"

Really, kids these days think they have so much power over their parents.  Teenage kids have always rebelled- and parents have always been....  parents.

This is really no different than wanting to wear long hair or dress in dungarees, or smoke cigarettes.  Your son is not a girl, he's just pushing your buttons.  If he really wants to go down this path, he can do it on his own AFTER he leaves your house.  Fair enough?

Hi

It looks like you’ve already chosen a favorite answer (if that’s how this works, I don’t use yahoo answers much) but I just thought I’d throw this in here. I know it might not be what you want to hear, but I think it’s best to give your kid the benefit of the doubt for now. If they’re wanting any sort of surgery it might be worth waiting a while, that’s not worth rushing into. But just the societal things like their name and how they dress aren’t going to hurt anyone. Is there the possibility that this is something they’ll grow out of? Yeah, the chance is there. But it’s also entirely possible that your kid is trans, and really feels that she’s a girl, and if that’s the case then she’s probably been going through a really hard time about this herself. It’s not a decision she will have chosen to make, and it’s not a fun experience to have. Gender dysphoria can be crippling, and the only way to truly relieve it is transitioning. I think that if you care for your child, it’s better to play along and respect their wishes on the chance that this is real, than to decide that they’re making it up or going through a phase and end up really hurting them. 

I hope you’ll consider this, at least. For the record, I’m not trans myself, but I know people who are and they’ve told me about their experiences. I understand that it can be hard concept to wrap your mind around if you haven’t been exposed to it a lot, but your kid will really, really appreciate the effort if you at least try, I think. Just let them know that you care about them and want what’s best for them, and that you don’t understand completely but you’re doing your best, and that will mean something.

A} it sound like your daughter is trans and cps would take him for this if he is as you are psycologically abusing her by not accepting her.

B} while you are correct anon doesn't mean you are trolling the trans comunity has a lot of people in anon who troll them so please forgive those calling you a troll if you actually are not one

In 5 years he's going to be happy you didn't let him chop his dick off. Ignore the shrieking trans tantrum. It usually goes away.

• 1 month agoReport

A} you can't report this as it does not violate the tos just because it is wrong

B} you are wrong gender dysphoria does not go away and it is child abuse to ignore it take the child to a person who's job it is to identify if they are dysphoric or have body dysmorphia and accept the doctors advice

In a real case like this, family counseling would be the way too go.

• Sky

I call bullshit.  Poor attempt at trolling.

• Liz

For myself, if my son wanted to be referred to as a woman and he is of age, I would tell him he has to move out because I refuse to refer to him as something that he isn't. If he was under age, I would show him what the scriptures say about children being obedient to the parents (Ephesians 6:1,2) and explain why referring to him as 'her' would be perpetuating a lie. Parents need to speak truth at all times.

• Elizabeth
      1 month agoReport

So, your Sky Fairy tells you to abandon your children.  Perhaps you should become a real "Christian" and do what Jesus would do.

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

• Elizabeth
      1 month agoReport

Jewish people are usually more accepting than that.

It's not about you.

O child, there's nothing else to do after boxing it all off in the institutions they enter which enters them. With debauched groins, memories and Dr's appointments