What Is the Difference Between God and Christ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

God is the father of spirits, the biological father of Jesus Christ, too. He also created Jesus Christ. That's what the Bible says.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Christ is God in human form, the Savior Who came to Earth and lived among us 2,000 years ago.

• User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The titles have different meanings.

God - refers to the eternal creator of all. Even though Christ is God, the title "God" does NOT signify what "Christ" signifies

Christ - is a word meaning "the Anointed" or "the Anointed [One]" and refers to the Jewish Messiah. Even though Christ is God, the title "Christ" does not signify what "God" signifies.

• 1 month ago

The Father and the Son.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Essentially nothing as Christ is God (Jn 1:1,14); in particular he is God the Son.  We get a hint of how this works with the prophets Isaiah and John.

“For to us a child is born. To us a son is given; and the government will be on his shoulders. His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isa 9:6).

"But the Counselor*, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you" (Jn 14:26; *also sometimes translated as Helper, Advocate or Comforter).

Jesus the son was/is also called God, everlasting Father and Counselor (i.e. HS). That is why his name, Jesus, is above all names (Php 2:9), which of course would include "YHWH", the OT name for God.

Because JWs will mostly ignore this passage, they will call Jesus "The Prince of Peace", but they would never refer to him as their "everlasting Father" and forget elevating the name of "Jesus" above "Jehovah".

• The difference is, that the so-called witnesses in the Watchtower have brainwashed you and your heart. If you don't convert to Jesus, you know what's waiting for you!

You then do what you want, I trust the word of God, and nobody can change my thesis!

I believe in Jesus, because it is He who will give eternal life!

John 3:16.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They're both God. 

God the Father, and God the Son.

If God had a Son, and he does, then his Son is also God.

Like Father, like Son

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV — Without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The personal name of God appears some 7,000 times in the Bible. However, many Bible translations improperly substitute this name with a title, such as “Lord.” God wants you to be his friend, so he encourages you to “call on his name.”​—Psalm 105:1.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps the same difference as between air and oxygen. Or as between air and nitrogen. Or as between air and atmosphere. Of course, all people who believe Jesus was created by God the Father can never understand how they are different in relationship with the others, yet one in Being. I'm wasting my time trying to help a Jehovah's Witness waken up to an idea they have been told is from Satan, and which their leaders have virtually expunged from their rendering of the Bible.

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Jesus is unique​—he is the only person created directly by God. That is why the Bible calls him God’s Son. (John 1:14) After creating Jesus, Jehovah used his firstborn as “a master worker” to create everything and everyone else.​—Proverbs 8:30, 31; Colossians 1:15, 16.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yesterday you all moved to an Amish community.  Before that, you were in a "hate filled" group.  Before that, you were mormon.  When are you going to stop lying and making up these stupid cartoons and pictures?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Many faiths worship the trinity and some view Jesus as God so this is not easy to answer.  God is a mystery and not to be seen and should not be questioned.  Those who do not view something as higher then their selves might be living without moral values and that is probably one of the many reasons there should be police officers. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Jesus Christ never claimed to be God. Instead, he explained: “I am a representative from [God], and that One sent me.” (John 7:29) 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.