Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

Most physically demanding martial arts?

Some are more physically demanding than others.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Riki3
    Lv 5
    1 week ago

Comes down to a mix of things,   I don't think you can really name one style,  think it comes down to a system of delivery,   some students rely on the instructor to drive them,  for me it's the students that drive themselves that makes the difference , it's the old cliche ' what you put in is what you get out of it '.   

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If it's physically demanding than you aren't probably doing it right. Or should become more conditioned. 

• 2 months ago

MMA mixed martial arts?

• Lee
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Any form of MMA, kick boxing, boxing, BJJ, all are heavy on the bag work or ground fighting which is exhausting and require great endurance. Unfortunately ‘Traditional’ martial arts, Karate Tae-Kwan-do etc. Will only be as demanding as the particular instructors dictate. Some classes go for 2 hours with little more than a warm up and air punching, with a few minutes of focus pad work or touch sparring. Basically anyone training you for actual fights (whether you chose to or not) will give you a really hard workout. Back in the day my kickboxing gym days I’d spend over an hour on just sit-ups.. different types and be doing these longer in the gym than most would spend on their entire workout... that’s just so you can take shots to the midsection... then there would be 10-15 X 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag with 20 seconds rest followed by 10 X 2 minute rounds sparring, just as prep for a 3 x 2 minute round amateur fight... This doesn’t include all the time spent with the trainer working on pads and doing weights, running etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.