miles asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

 Hi, my uncle was a sergeant in the U.S. Army and he passed away in 2012. His tags went missing Is there any way I can get a copy of them?

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    I was in the Army up on Ft. Drum. People would lose their tags and all we had to do was just go to the military surplus store that was right outside the gate and they had a machine that filled in the info. They had a card that you filled out with the information you needed to put on there and 5 minutes later, you had tags and a chain that is just like the ones that were issued. Maybe there is a store like that near you? Or maybe you can find something on the internet? Are any of his buddies still in? I'm willing to bet that if so, there is a store similar to the one outside the Ft. Drum gate that I used to go to. I'm sure they'd be happy to help. Btw I'm sorry for your loss. We thank your dad and your family for the service.

    Source(s): Myself. Army 2013 - 2017
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    You can have copies made MILLIONS of places. The person doesn't even need to know what 'dog tags' are to have them made.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    There are hundreds, if not thousands of online stores that sell them.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    You can have new dog tags made.  Make contact with the WW2 museum in New Orleans to ask about having dog tags made.

    • ...Show all comments
    • miles2 months agoReport

      I visited their site, but I don’t see a contact option anywhere. Do I contact them on social media?

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.