Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Will we ever run out of music?

As long as there is MTV...no. They will always distribute music to the public even if its garbage. And even if we do run out of music there is always other options like "The sounds of Nature"...those are the cds that have like natural sounds of birds, ocean waves, rain etcetera. They sell them at Walmart and they are not that expensive. I saw one in the discount bin for only $2 dollars. I recommend it, and i hope you consider it. ☺ 🎶

There is already enough recorded music in existence that you could listen to something new every moment of your life and not have to double up. So why don't you/we? Quite simply it is because you/we'd rather listen to the same thing over and over. The vast majority of possibilities in music are entirely or near entirely unexplored because we'd rather just keep doing slight variations on what we already know works for us.

Dude the majority of the rock, metal, and underground hip hop I listen to was made by bands or artists whose seminal period predates 2003, hell 2001. And I'm still finding bands. 

I got my first Mazzy Star album off of amazon (download and cd) 3 days ago. That album was made in 1993. 

And I've been listening to rock and metal 19 years. I've also been in a band for that long. 

Seriously dude let me just provide you an example of what I'm still looking to listen to that I havent heard yet:

1. Van Halen - Diver Down (1981)

2. Uncle Topelo - Pretty much anything in their discography

3. Archers Of Loaf - anything by them

4. Thinking Fellers Union Local No. 181 - anything by them

5. Meat Puppets

6. Screaming Trees - Uncle Anestesia

7. The Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground Live With Lou Reed

8. Pearl Jam - Pretty much everything released after "Yield"

9. Sentridoh 

10. Guided By Voices - Pretty much everything by them

11. Tool - Pretty much everything by them as I hated the band up until recently when I gave "Lateralus" a whirl. 

12. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Everything they released after "Now I Got Worry"

13. Kreator - Everything after "Endless Pain"

You get the idea. 

If I were to never again look for any album released after 2001, I would have a long way to go before I "run out"

Edit:

Some f1cking acknowledgement please?

• I've been collecting records for over 40 years and still discovering great albums on a weekly basis and none of them were recorded before the year 2000.  Safe to say we will never run out of music.

The only thing that could make that happen is the extinction of all life on the planet, so I'm not worried.

If all music production suddenly stopped never to return you would never hear a hundredth of what's been made already.

Tbh probably, nowadays the prompt of every song I hear is about love not existing or liking someone but they don't feel the same way,or about how much clout and sex they have. it's annoying as hell.

I think we ran out of it a long time ago.

Or at least a lot of people ran away from it.

No, but good new music is getting harder and harder to come by. There are only so many ways to arrange musical notes in a sequence, and most of those ways have already been tried and published. A composer will need a computer to come up with good new music that is not an infringement of someone else's copyright.

Nope.