Stephanie asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Ugh hair help!! After shower products?

Ok so I grew up without a female mother figure to teach me stuff like this. 

What do I put in my hair after I get out of the shower? Why exactly do people do it? For the frizz or moisture? Does the brand of shampoo matter? I use aussie and it makes my head clean but I don't know if that just ok or no.. I literally put my hair back while wet, sleep with my ponytail in, and only take it down to wash or brush it. Ugh I'm trying to be more feminine because my daughter is becoming a young lady (age 11) and I'm trying to set a good example on how to take care of yourself and put in the effort but I don't really know how 🤦‍♀️

What do I put in my hair after I get out of the shower?

It depends. For a simple style, just wash, condition, then get out put leave in conditioner. A simple leave in conditioner like Garnier will do. Affordable as well. Wrap it in a towel when you get out and are getting dressed and take it down then apply the leave in and comb it through and let it air dry.

Why exactly do people do it? For the frizz or moisture? 

Both, but mostly for moisture. Frizz blockers like Frizz Ease helps block hydrogen in the atmosphere from causing frizz

Does the brand of shampoo matter? Not really. I use Dawn on my hair sometimes. Just follow it up with a creamy thick conditioner. Watery conditioners contain mostly water and are not really much bang for your buck.

• audrey

If you can afford it, now would be a great time to go to a salon and get your hair washed, styled, (into something you can care for at home). They will tell you what products you need. If that's not possible, start trying different products from Wal-Mart. But please....take your hair out of that ponytail! You re damaging it by keeping it pulled back all the time. Good luck.

• Justine1 month agoReport

wearing a ponytail is not damaging.. lol